California sheriffs have found Corey Feldman's 1993 recorded testimony naming Hollywood pedophiles

Share

The sheriff's spokeswoman, Kelly Hoover, issued a statement to USA TODAY Wednesday confirming the sheriff's office had just found an audio recording of a 1993 interview of Feldman by detectives and has turned it over to the Los Angeles Police Department. Feldman started his Truth Campaign to share his story and stop a Hollywood pedophile ring that has been going on for decades, which he and Corey Haim fell victim to as child stars in the 1980s.

Feldman has publicly named three of his abusers, and has repeatedly said that in 1993, he provided the Santa Barbara police with a list of men he says abused him and others in Hollywood.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office, however, maintained a position that they did not possess evidence of such information.

"Following the recent inquiries into the Sheriff's Office interview of Mr. Feldman in 1993, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office conducted an additional review for any stored items remaining from the Michael Jackson investigation", Hoover's email read.

The sheriff's office now says they did find audio recordings of Feldman's interview, though they did not reveal further details, adding that they are unable to comment further because the case involves the alleged sexual abuse of a child. They're on record. They have all of this information.

Fox News had originally reached out to the Sheriff's Office in October at which time they responded, "We are aware of the statements that Mr. Feldman is making regarding an investigation in 1993. Our records do not indicate that he named any suspects". He told NBC's Matt Lauer in a recent interview that he testified in the evidence gathering process of the Michael Jackson trial.

Feldman, now 46, has been telling anyone who will listen, most recently in a November appearance on The Dr. Oz show, about what he says happened to him and his friends.

The actor said he went to the police and "sat down and I gave them names". The recording is being turned over to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Reuters/Eric ThayerActor Corey Feldman departs a gathering at a Beverly Hills hotel following a memorial service at the Staples Center in Los Angeles July 7, 2009.

The police had previously claimed the tape had never existed, however Corey revealed he had provided police with the names of the men who abused him.

Feldman has set about raising $10 million in efforts to produce a movie that raises awareness by addressing the topic of sexual abuse based upon his own personal experience, The Huffington Post reported.

Share