Former Newcastle Star Slams Klopp for Starting Klavan Against Man City

Share

Jurgen Klopp has implored Liverpool to learn the lessons of their Manchester City hammering ahead of their Champions League campaign.

Coutinho's desire to leave Anfield for Barcelona was detailed to the nth degree during the summer transfer window, but the former Inter Milan starlet's wish was not granted and he will remain a part of Klopp's squad until January at the earliest.

Coutinho was left out of Liverpool's 5-0 defeat to Manchester City this weekend, "It was a decision made with the season in mind".

Eyebrows were raised last month when Karius started in the Premier League clash against Arsenal (with Danny Ward on the bench) and although the former German youth global kept a clean sheet in that 4-0 victory, Mignolet's improvement since reclaiming the starting spot a year ago makes the adjustment in Europe - in their first season in the Champions League under Klopp - a massive gamble.

"I'm not sure it's that easy but if it's that easy it's cool, I have only to bring Phil in and everything is good again", he said. Yes, we've scored more often. It was the decision, no problem. That is really good and hopefully we can use him as quickly as possible.

Now is the time for Jurgen Klopp to make Liverpool relevant again in European football's greatest competition, insists Champions League victor Luis Garcia.

But he did play twice for Brazil in the recent global break and rejoined his Reds team-mates in training at Melwood late last week.

After tests, a club medical report showed "the forward has suffered a muscular injury to his right thigh" and would "be ruled out of both Wednesday's fixture, as well as Saturday's league clash against Girona", the club said on its website.

Share