Donald Trump has declared war on North Korea, says Pyongyang

Share

"They won't be around much longer" isn't a declaration of war, but it definitely qualifies as a provocation.

Speaking at the United Nations on Saturday, Ri said that Trump had made a missile attack on the U.S. mainland inevitable by insulting the dignity of North Korea.

Meanwhile, words flash across the screen warning America against considering military action: "Should F-35, B-1B or the Carl Vinson lead the U.S attack, they will head to the grave in that order".

Getting into his vehicle, he told reporters that "all options" will be placed on the North Korean leadership's table of military action in the wake of Trump's "declaration of war". "Given the fact that this came from someone who holds the seat of the United States presidency, this is clearly a declaration of war".

North Korea's Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho said Monday that his country has the right to shoot down American warplanes in response to Trump's "declaration of war".

"Even the fact that this comes from someone who is now holding the seat of the United States presidency, this is clearly a declaration of war", Ri said.

A White House spokeswoman pushed back on the suggestion war had been declared.

Kim said North Korea would consider the "highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history" against the United States and that Trump's comments had confirmed his nuclear program was "the correct path".

On Sept. 23, a number of US Air Force B1-B strategic bombers flew over the Northern Limit Line in the East Sea in the dead of night in a show of force created to deter further North Korean provocations. "No nation has the right to fire on other nations' aircraft or ships in global airspace or waters".

Also in the video, there are scenes of a North Korean submarine-launched missile scoring a direct hit on the USS Carl Vinson, a nuclear-powered supercarrier.

The Pentagon described the mission as a "demonstration of United States resolve and a clear message that the president has many military options to defeat any threat".

Pentagon have since responded to Ri's remarks saying if North Korea does not stop provocative actions President Trump will be given options to deal with Pyongyang.

On Saturday, Ri warned that Trump's threat to destroy North Korea made "our rockets' visit to the entire USA mainland all the more inevitable".

"If Trump thinks that he would bring North Korea, a nuclear power, to its knees through nuclear war threat, it is a big miscalculation and ignorance", read the letter.

Earlier this month, Mattis said the USA will answer any threat from North Korea with a "massive military response, a response both effective and overwhelming".

However, experts and officials say the risks of all out war are now substantially greater.

Prompted by the USA, the U.N. Security Council unanimously adopted its ninth round of sanctions against Pyongyang in early September to counter its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

His comments came as experts called on China to workout contingency plans, either on its own or with Washington and Seoul in case the crisis on the Korean peninsula escalates into a conflict. They're clearly making the regime nervous about a surprise attack.

Can you start a war with a tweet?

"Yesterday's flight went further north than any this century, though still in worldwide airspace east of DPRK", Narang said.

Share