Questions abound in aftermath of NFL star Hernandez's death

Share

He was convicted and sentenced to life without parole.

Douglas Sheff, a civil attorney representing Lloyd's family, maintained that he was in contact with Lloyd's mother, Ursula Ward, after news of Hernandez's death broke Wednesday.

Hernandez was charged and tried in the double murders in 2014 and was acquitted of murder in the case last Friday.

Hernandez had been housed in a single cell in a general population unit at the maximum-security state prison in Shirley, Massachusetts.

To that end, the Souza Baranowski Correctional Center has already begun investigating the incident.

The prison, built for $105 million, was hailed as the nation's most technologically advanced when it opened in 1998. Vehicle found that links Hernandez to Lloyd and others. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The New International Version of the bible says John 3:16 reads: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life".

Hernandez was just on trial for TWO more murders. The law states that a conviction can be vacated if the defendant dies before exhausting all legal appeals.

Others emphasized that he was a convicted murderer who deserved no pity. However, the department said the investigation is ongoing.

According to the prison authorities, he took his live by using a bed sheet that was attached to the cells window on Tuesday night.

The Office of the Chief Examiner in Boston will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.

Hernandez's death comes on the same day that President Donald Trump will host his former team the Patriots - which won the premier American football championship, the Superbowl, in early February - at the White House.

He died nearly exactly two years after he was sentenced to life without parole for murdering a semi-pro football player in 2013 and five days after he was acquitted of double murder in a separate Boston killing in 2012.

Hernandez was serving a life sentence for the murder of Odin Lloyd in June 2013.

The families of two men gunned down in Boston, back in 2012, intend to move forward with their civil cases against Aaron Hernandez, their attorney announced Wednesday.

Fallon said he's not aware of any suicide note written by Hernandez. Otherwise, he would have been transferred to a mental health unit, Fallon said.

Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction is expected to be dismissed posthumously because of a legal rule called "abatement".

Brian Murphy, the president of the agency that represented Hernandez during his National Football League career, expressed similar disbelief.

Share